Thursday, March 10, 2011

Orange Pineapple Cake

This is a light, refreshing dessert. Great for picnics, potlucks and BBQ's (I'm thinking positive, Spring is almost here!)

Cake:
1 yellow cake mix
1/3 C veggie or canola oil
11 oz. can mandarin oranges drained, reserve juice (or use 2 small cans)
3 eggs
juice and water to equal 1 1/3 cup ( the frosting calls for crushed pineapple, reserve that juice too!)
Spray bottom of 9x13 pan. Spread mandarin oranges (you drained them right?) on bottom of pan
Mix cake mix with oil, eggs, drained fruit juice and water. Bake at 350 for about 35 minutes.

Frosting:
12 oz. cool whip
1 can drained crushed pineapple
3 oz. box vanilla instant pudding

Mix together and spread on cooled cake.

3 comments:

  1. Yep, definitely want pictures. ;-)

    Definitely want to make this cake too! YUM

    ReplyDelete
  2. I want the whole cookbook!!! When ya gonna do it?? lol Until then, I'll just copy recipes! lol This sound delish!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm working on the cookbook everyday! My goal is to have hard copies for the Christmas Season. I'm so glad you like my blog so far!

    ReplyDelete