Thursday, March 31, 2011

Orange Parfait Jello


This is a jello recipe you can whip together in a jiffy.

1 can crushed pineapple, drained
1 11 oz (or larger) can of mandarin oranges, drained
1 small box orange jello
1 cup greek yogurt (or cottage cheese)
2 cups whipped topping

Pour the pineapple and mandarin oranges in a medium sized bowl. Add jello, stir until blended. Add Yogurt. Stir until smooth. Add whipped topping and serve or refrigerate until needed.


I used to use cottage cheese for this recipe. The other day I didn't have any, so I tried the Greek Yogurt. My family thought I made a whole new recipe! The yogurt makes it really smooth and creamy. The great part is, it doesn't add any fat, and you are getting a decent serving of protein. (Just pretend the whipped topping and Jello are good for you) ;)

2 comments:

  1. THIS IS SERIOUSLY ONE OF MY GO TO SALADS/DESSERTS ..... I LOVE IT AND IT IS SO EASY!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You'll have to try it with the greek yogurt. It was so much smoother and rich tasting. You'd love it! The yogurt also helped the consistency. The leftovers weren't runny like it gets with the cottage cheese.

    ReplyDelete