Thursday, March 17, 2011

Mom's BBQ MeatBalls


When I say 'Mom's BBQ Meatballs' I literally mean my own Mother's meatballs. This was put in our church cookbook waaaaay back in the 70's I think. The first few pages of my much loved cookbook are missing, so I'm not positive. But it must be older than me. ;) This is a family favorite. Not only the family I came from, but my kids absolutely love these meatballs.

1 1/2 lbs ground beef (or ground turkey for a leaner, healthier option)
3/4 C. oatmeal
1 C. milk
1/4 of an onion, minced
2 tsp salt (or to taste)
1 tsp pepper (or to taste)
3 tsp. olive oil for pan

Combine all ingredients except for oil and form into 1- 2" balls. Brown in olive oil. Add sauce and simmer for approx. 30 minutes.

Sauce:
2 Tbsp. sugar
1 C. Ketchup
1/2 cup water
5 Tbsp vinegar
6 Tbsp freshly minced onion

YUM!


No comments:

Post a Comment