Thursday, September 10, 2009

Ben's Birthday Pie

My husband loves, loves, loves coconut. Here's this years Birthday Pie:

CREAM OF COCONUT CREAM PIE

Ingredients

* 1 graham cracker crust, or make your own in a 9" pie pan
* 1 (8-ounce) package cream cheese, softened
* 1 cup cream of coconut
* 1 (3.4-ounce) package vanilla instant pudding mix
* 1/2 bag of sweetened coconut- make sure its moist
* 1 (8-ounce) container cool whip, thawed
* 1 cup whipping cream
* Garnish: sweetened flaked coconut- toasted



Beat cheese and cream of coconut at medium speed with an electric mixer until smooth. Add pudding mix, beating until blended.

Stir in coconut; fold in whipped topping. Spread cream cheese mixture evenly into crust; cover and chill 2 hours or until set.

Beat whipping cream with an electric mixer until soft peaks form, and spread evenly over top of pie. Top with toasted coconut. To toast, heat a small skillet on medium and cook the coconut until its golden brown. Stir constantly, it only takes a couple of minutes.

I was feeling a little lazy - I didn't make up the homemade whipped cream, so used Cool Whip on top, it still tasted fantastic!

2 comments:

  1. Ty's favorite thing ever is coconut cream pie. The old fashioned kind. With meringue on top. It has become my favorite, as well. I make it about once/month. Yikes.

    p.s. why am I just now discovering this treasure trove of a blog?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'll have to get your recipe. I don't think i've had it with meringue. Sounds yummy!

    ReplyDelete